Ikebana with Fritz Hansen
Less is more. We have heard this saying over and over again, but what does it mean in the world of floral design?
Ikebana is the ancient Japanese art of flower arranging. The name comes from the Japanese ike, meaning ‘alive’ or ‘arrange’ and bana meaning ‘flower.’ Principles of minimalism, shape and line, form, humanity, aesthetics, and balance are what makes an Ikebana arrangement.
Join us in an afternoon of relaxation and discovery as we create beautiful floral arrangements in the iconic Fritz Hansen Ikebana Vase. The beautiful vase by Jaime Hayon is true to the spirit of Ikebana. The vase is designed to honour and enjoy the whole flower and not just the crown.
The workshop will be held in the modern and sleek Fritz Hansen Lounge in Singapore.
The details of the workshop are as follows:
Date: 23rd October 2019 or 25th October 2019
Time: 6pm to 8pm
Venue: Fritz Hansen Lounge, 315 Outram Rd, #13-08, Tan Boon Liat Building, Singapore 169074
Price: SGD 280, inclusive of the vase.
Class Size: Maximum 8 Pax per session, Minimum 4 to start.
No prior experience is required. This workshop is suitable for anyone who wants to spend an evening picking up a new skill. Our workshops are fun and carefree with no pressure at all. The whole point is to slow down, be present and enjoy yourself.
The Session is approximately 2 hours long and includes:
- Floral arrangement workshop where you will learn how to create an arrangement in the Fritz Hansen Ikebana Vase by Jaime Hayon. Tips on flower selection, flower handling, care and conditioning.
- Materials and tools
- Light refreshments
- All completed artwork and arrangements are available for take home
An email with more details will follow after registration.
If you are registering for more than 1 person, Kindly include the person(s) name and email address in the message box at the cart page before checkout.
1. Your purchase is meant for one (1) attendee only.
2. ALL payments must be made in full at the point of booking for the workshop.
3. ALL bookings made are non-refundable but transferrable in the event you are not able to attend. Advanced notice is required and is subject to approval on a case-by-case basis.
By making a purchase, you declare your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.